Monday, December 13, 2010
Happy(er) Post!
I need MAJOR help. I know what I want to give my parents for Christmas, but I can't get it narrowed down to a specific. Care to share some opinions? Great.
Now, I don't think my mom reads this blog...but if you are reading this, Mother: Stop Now. ... Thanks.
Ok. So, over Thanksgiving, my family and I took family pictures. Everyone's least favorite part of the holiday. But a necessary one since this is Taylor's last one at home for two years and some big changes are headed our way.
Overall, I thought they turned out great. I went through and picked my four favorites. Then I edited a couple of them to make them a little cleaner. Now my problem is that I'm not sure which one to pick to give to my parents, or if I should give them multiple and if so, how? I don't want to show them all to mom and let her choose, I mean, I probably will anyway, but I want to already have one picked to give them.
I also think it would be cool to maybe take one of the pictures and put 'Forever Family' or something cute and cliche' on it. But I have no clue how. Ideas? Suggestions? All are welcome.
Group 1 (pretty standard - maybe lettering on this one? top or bottom.):
Group 2 (not really a group, just one picture. But I love the silly ones.):
Group 3 (I will crop out that hanging right side unless I put lettering there.):
Group 4 (not a huge fan of the bear, but I love the casual-ness of this one.):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
3 comments:
Here's a thought: You know the collage of pictures on my wall? You should do something like that. Print the first picture out in like a 8x10 and maybe one or two others as 4x6 and a 5x7. Use your favorites to do so. Put them in some inexpensive (but adorable) frames from Wal-Mart or K-Mart and then your mom has the whole set and can put it up in a fun, whimsical way on the wall or on a shelf. Prints vary depending on size, but for four pictures, I don't think it would cost more than 4 dollars to print them all in Walmart's one hour photo (which you can do online and then pick up.) I think this is a really great gift, and your mom will love it whatever you do!
Hola. Bet you didn't know I read your blog, huh? Bug I do. And I love it!
My input as far as pictures go:
I would use either Group 1 sepia or Group 3 black & white with colored vinyl lettering on the glass of the frame. I got some vinyl lettering printed for 3 bucks at Country Cottage in Vernal. They print it out on the transfer paper--you decide the size, color, font, saying, etc. And you just put it right on the picture frame.
You could do what Katie was talking about: do a collage, and then still use vinyl over it. or you could get all crazy & do the saying on a board (costs more, though) and put the picture in a frame hanging FROM the board & saying.
Thank you lovely ladies! All has been taken into consideration. I'll figure it out sometime soon. Hopefully. :o) Haha.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.