Sunday, January 2, 2011
Christmas Adventures
This is a brief synopsis of my Christmas Adventures. (Promise. Brief.) I will detail specifics later.
Two weeks ago, I send goodbye to my best friend, had breakfast & lunch with a couple of old roommates, packed my car, and drove to Vernal. School was finally over!
The first week, I spent most of my time on my computer and watching movies with the family. It was too cold to go outside, and it never stopped snowing. Three days straight. Seriously. It was ridiculous. But really cool. I got to visit my friends at Sunburst Day Care, too! That was a blast. I was super glad I got to see them all before Christmas. Aww. I miss them.
This is a picture I took outside my back door. This is two days into the storm. We got another inch or two on top of this lovely supply that is now ice and will last until March. You can sort of see where my sister tried to walk down the stairs.
(For the record - she didn't succeed. She slipped and fell in the snow. It was hilarious.)
I stayed bundled nice and warm and refused to go outside more than absolutely necessary. While staying inside nice and warm, I had another spectacular adventure - I almost burned the house down. Well. It wasn't my fault. Really. It was just in my bedroom.
This is a picture of the outlet after burning. Scary, huh?
We went to Draper and Lehi and visited family. We saw my Pearson grandparents & my dad's sisters and their families. Then we saw my Brown grandparents & all of my mom's siblings and their families.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas at home with just us. It was perfect. Lovely. Special. Our last one. Really sad. But I loved it. I peeked at my presents (more out of tradition than any special desire to break the rules) and Christmas morning, my parents surprised us with a trip to Disneyland for our present! (Well, they surprised the youngest three. The oldest three found out before. We are sneaky.)
DAY ONE: Sunday we all went to church together for the first time since... Like three years ago? Then we piled in the car and drove to St. George. Long drive. Icy roads. Good fun.
DAY TWO: Monday we drove from St. George to Los Angeles. We spent FHE at the beach.
DAY THREE: Tuesday we started the day at Disneyland, had cold stone for lunch, McDonalds for dinner, spent a little part of the afternoon at California Adventure, and finished the night in Disneyland with beautiful fireworks and snow.
DAY FOUR: It rained. All day long. Crowd control was nice, though. We were all super wet. We started the day at California Adventure, then finished at Disneyland. We didn't stay quite as long as the day before, but still had a great time and did everything we wanted.
DAY SIX: Drove from St. George to Vernal. Long drive because of bad weather. Took us all day long. Gross Gross Gross. But still lots of fun.
New Years Eve I spent doing puzzles and watching movies with my mom. It was lots of fun. New Years Day I did laundry and planned my Sunday School lesson (which went pretty well for my first one ever).
Today I drove home in the wee hours of the morning (9 am) and went to church. Now it's time to prepare for school to start on Tuesday. Yuck. You know, I'm only in my third year, but I'm considered a senior because of all the credits I have and could graduate in April. UGH! Two more semesters - I technically graduate in December and then have student teaching. Go me! I can do it! Huzzah.
Signing out.
Me.
Two weeks ago, I send goodbye to my best friend, had breakfast & lunch with a couple of old roommates, packed my car, and drove to Vernal. School was finally over!
(For the record - she didn't succeed. She slipped and fell in the snow. It was hilarious.)
This is a picture of the outlet after burning. Scary, huh?
We went to Draper and Lehi and visited family. We saw my Pearson grandparents & my dad's sisters and their families. Then we saw my Brown grandparents & all of my mom's siblings and their families.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas at home with just us. It was perfect. Lovely. Special. Our last one. Really sad. But I loved it. I peeked at my presents (more out of tradition than any special desire to break the rules) and Christmas morning, my parents surprised us with a trip to Disneyland for our present! (Well, they surprised the youngest three. The oldest three found out before. We are sneaky.)
DAY ONE: Sunday we all went to church together for the first time since... Like three years ago? Then we piled in the car and drove to St. George. Long drive. Icy roads. Good fun.
DAY TWO: Monday we drove from St. George to Los Angeles. We spent FHE at the beach.
DAY THREE: Tuesday we started the day at Disneyland, had cold stone for lunch, McDonalds for dinner, spent a little part of the afternoon at California Adventure, and finished the night in Disneyland with beautiful fireworks and snow.
DAY FIVE: We were going to go to the beach, but it was really windy and cold so decided to just drive to St. George. Good thing, we were in the car all day long due to very bad traffic. We had dinner at IHOP in Vegas.
DAY SIX: Drove from St. George to Vernal. Long drive because of bad weather. Took us all day long. Gross Gross Gross. But still lots of fun.
New Years Eve I spent doing puzzles and watching movies with my mom. It was lots of fun. New Years Day I did laundry and planned my Sunday School lesson (which went pretty well for my first one ever).
Today I drove home in the wee hours of the morning (9 am) and went to church. Now it's time to prepare for school to start on Tuesday. Yuck. You know, I'm only in my third year, but I'm considered a senior because of all the credits I have and could graduate in April. UGH! Two more semesters - I technically graduate in December and then have student teaching. Go me! I can do it! Huzzah.
Signing out.
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.