Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Taylor the Missionary
Wow. It's finally happened. Taylor is gone.
... ... ...
I'm actually quite depressed about this, to be perfectly honest.
I mean, I am thrilled for him! He gets to leave the country, serve the Lord, see cool sights, meet incredible people, feel the Spirit, go through the temple (multiple times), etc etc etc.
AND! He is going to be really great at it. (His farewell talk was incredible. I absolutely loved it.)
...but he has never not been there when I've gone home.
He has always been around. Always.
We hang out while all the kids are at school. We play video games and compete for lunch. We play piano and sing together.
We even weigh ourselves together.
I probably won't get on a scale for two years.
(Is that wrong?)
*sigh* The worst part?
He is just up the street from me. Literally.
And I can't see him. Or talk to him. Or laugh with him.
Dude. I thought it was hard to send a friend away. It doesn't come CLOSE to sending your brother away.
It's comforting to know that he is protected and watched over. It's comforting to know that he is smart and will do the things he needs to. The people of Japan need him now more than I do. He'll be awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.