Friday, April 1, 2011

Daily Miracle - 3/31

Today is April 1st. This happened yesterday March 31st. I would have written and posted last night, but it was too late and I didn't have my computer. So this is for yesterday:


My Best Friend and I went to the temple last night (the 31st). It was...an incredible experience.

We had been talking about some pretty big stuff before we went over and we were both laughing, but stressed deep down. You know how that goes? Life is great, you just need to relax for a bit. Well, that was part of what our temple trip was for. Also because the temple is awesome. And...for a third reason we didn't know.

We were sitting in the chapel and I was showing Best Friend how my ring glittered. Oh my goodness it was SO incredible. Just the absolute bestest and mostest beautifulest thing. :) The girl sitting next to me asked if she could see it. I was kind of embarrassed - I hadn't wanted anyone else to notice, but apparently she had. I showed it to her and she told me she loved how beautiful and how simple it was. It was great. She said she likes simple things, too, and that her older sister told her that her fiance would love her because of it. Best Friend shared that his mom liked it, too.

We talked (reverently, of course) the rest of the time we were sitting together. She told us her sister had just gotten her mission call and was so excited to go through the temple - just like me. We told her our story about getting engaged - she asked. She was so sweet. She asked us all the right questions and we just opened up. It was great. It was so natural to just tell her everything. She told us the reason she likes simple things is because of 2 Nephi when Nephi talks about how things were plain and simple and precious. She then compared Best Friend to Nephi. I laughed. ;)

I was simply amazed by this girl's spirit and knowledge and attitude. I was blown away. It was incredible.

We were walking out of the temple right behind her and I felt very strongly that we needed to ask her what her name is. So we did. Her name is Larisa Jones. Same name as Sister #1 (minus a couple spelling changes). We asked if she attends BYU... She is a sophomore in high school. ...WHAT?!?!... I was stunned. This young woman with such a strong spirit and personable attitude and.... wow... It was incredible. We talked for a bit, took a picture with her, and said our farewells promising to see each other again. Hopefully soon.

While we were walking away I started to sob. I had the overwhelming feeling that SHE was the reason we went to the temple last night. It was so strong and I just... I was so impressed with her. I was so grateful she was brave enough to talk to us. In fact, she said that her favorite thing about the temple is that everyone is the same once you're inside. You're not divided by what you wear or your status or your age. You're all the same in the Lord's house. I was touched. Deeply.

I have such a strong feeling that I know this incredible young daughter of God and I am so grateful for that. I can't wait to see her again and get to know her better because I'm sure we'll have that chance.

It was overwhelming to have such a strong manifestation of the Spirit. Especially because I wasn't expecting it at all. It just happened. It was the most incredible experience and I am so so so grateful for it.

You never know who is watching you or who may need you. Don't be afraid to speak up.

Thank you, Larisa, for being at the temple last night. We will never be the same.

Signing out.
Me.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Nashelle
I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.