Monday, April 18, 2011
Finals Week
So... This week is Finals Week. The dreaded week among college students.
Thankfully, it means that classes are over. YAY! But it's scary, cuz it means that classes are over. Already? What?! Yeah...
I recently noticed something about myself and I wanted to put it into words, so I figured I'd do it here. May as well, right?
I've been kinda...down... the last couple weeks.
Inexplicably.
(10 awesome word points for ME!)
Well, not totally. In fact, Best Friend and I have spent lots of time (more than I wish we needed to) trying to figure out what it is that has me down. Yesterday we figured out part of it.
But as I was thinking on finals week last year, I realized a pattern.
Last spring, about the beginning of April, I got depressed.
I explained it away by saying it was cuz I was leaving Snow College - never to return - and therefore saying goodbye to lots and lots and lots of people that I love.
Now, maybe that's true. Or maybe it was the weather change. Or something completely different. I don't really know.
All I DO know, is that the same thing is happening this year.
I don't like it.
But then, if I've figured out what it is, and now that I see a pattern (depressing of a pattern though it may be) it gives me LOTS of joy and confidence that it was pass... in about a week and a half. Hopefully less. YAY!
I feel like that is very good news. Very hopeful. I will be (semi)normal again soon! And I cannot wait to truly celebrate summer as my normal happy self. It will be the greatest!
(Assuming I've found a job and I'm not bored out of my mind. Ugh.)
Signing out.
Me.
Thankfully, it means that classes are over. YAY! But it's scary, cuz it means that classes are over. Already? What?! Yeah...
I recently noticed something about myself and I wanted to put it into words, so I figured I'd do it here. May as well, right?
I've been kinda...down... the last couple weeks.
Inexplicably.
(10 awesome word points for ME!)
Well, not totally. In fact, Best Friend and I have spent lots of time (more than I wish we needed to) trying to figure out what it is that has me down. Yesterday we figured out part of it.
But as I was thinking on finals week last year, I realized a pattern.
Last spring, about the beginning of April, I got depressed.
I explained it away by saying it was cuz I was leaving Snow College - never to return - and therefore saying goodbye to lots and lots and lots of people that I love.
Now, maybe that's true. Or maybe it was the weather change. Or something completely different. I don't really know.
All I DO know, is that the same thing is happening this year.
I don't like it.
But then, if I've figured out what it is, and now that I see a pattern (depressing of a pattern though it may be) it gives me LOTS of joy and confidence that it was pass... in about a week and a half. Hopefully less. YAY!
I feel like that is very good news. Very hopeful. I will be (semi)normal again soon! And I cannot wait to truly celebrate summer as my normal happy self. It will be the greatest!
(Assuming I've found a job and I'm not bored out of my mind. Ugh.)
Signing out.
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.