Saturday, February 12, 2011
Apron-Making Date Night!
Yup. It's just like it sounds. And it was a blast!
It was my turn to plan a date, so I asked my Best Friend if he would go on a date with me. He said yes.
Haha.
Well, Best Friend said he wanted an apron for cooking, and I said I would make him one. However, I didn't know what kind of apron he wanted. There are a TON of options when looking at patterns and I had no idea what he would like. Or what kind of fabric he would like either. It was rough.
So, I decided to just ask him! And so that's what we did for our date. We started at Wal-Mart and picked our fabrics (actually, he picked them all. Even the one for mine. He's so awesome.) Then we went back to the house and made dinner, then I pulled out my sewing machine and we got started!
(PS. I was going to document all of this, but forgot cuz I got so excited. :( Sorry. I feel oober lame.)
...ANYWAYS...
So we made aprons. I measured to Best Friend first, then I made him cut out some while I sewed, then we traded.
(Did I mention that we didn't use a pattern? I looked at a couple online, but I was too lazy to look them up. So I made it up as I went. That makes the fact that they actually turned out good pretty impressive.)
I was surprised he didn't know how to use the sewing machine. So I taught him. He is now an incredible line-follower. Haha.
Best Friend's is instruments and mine is polka-dots. Both are reversible and denim on the other side. Yay!
Signing out.
Me.
It was my turn to plan a date, so I asked my Best Friend if he would go on a date with me. He said yes.
Haha.
Well, Best Friend said he wanted an apron for cooking, and I said I would make him one. However, I didn't know what kind of apron he wanted. There are a TON of options when looking at patterns and I had no idea what he would like. Or what kind of fabric he would like either. It was rough.
So, I decided to just ask him! And so that's what we did for our date. We started at Wal-Mart and picked our fabrics (actually, he picked them all. Even the one for mine. He's so awesome.) Then we went back to the house and made dinner, then I pulled out my sewing machine and we got started!
(PS. I was going to document all of this, but forgot cuz I got so excited. :( Sorry. I feel oober lame.)
...ANYWAYS...
So we made aprons. I measured to Best Friend first, then I made him cut out some while I sewed, then we traded.
(Did I mention that we didn't use a pattern? I looked at a couple online, but I was too lazy to look them up. So I made it up as I went. That makes the fact that they actually turned out good pretty impressive.)
I was surprised he didn't know how to use the sewing machine. So I taught him. He is now an incredible line-follower. Haha.
Best Friend's is instruments and mine is polka-dots. Both are reversible and denim on the other side. Yay!
I added some detailing to mine. (the bows.) Precious, right?
What a great date!!
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(93)
-
▼
February
(15)
- Daily Miracle - 2/27
- Accidental Oops
- Ding Dong Cake
- Spring Cleaning!
- Daily Miracle - 2/25
- President's Day Weekend of Our Lives!!! Part Two
- Little Ships
- President's Day Weekend of Our Lives!!! Part One
- Quick Week Review
- My Dilemma on Feb. 16th @ 7:30 pm
- Apron-Making Date Night!
- Missing Dancing
- Snowboarding
- Katie Michellouise
- JANUARY-lites
-
▼
February
(15)
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.