Monday, March 14, 2011
Ex-Roommates
I was going through some old pictures and found these ones of my roommates from my first year at Snow College:
What a good time, right? Right.
And by proof of the last picture, we were normal... sometimes... :)
Aimee is Best Friend's cousin. Yup. Pretty exciting, I know.
Aimee was the first of my roommates at Snow to really talk to me. The first night we were there she invited me to go with her and some of her friends from high school to a drive-in movie. I went, but spent the night in the car talking to my mom. Go figure. We also sat together in church the next day and while singing hymns, traded off in the verses singing alto or soprano. WOW. It was something we did forever and in fact, cried over our last Sunday in Ephraim. It was tender. Aimee is also from Utah. She got married last summer and it was great to see her. She was so so happy and I couldn't help but be happy for her. Plus I met my Best Friend, so it turned out ok ;) Thanks, Aimee, for getting married so I could meet him. HAHA. jk. Aimee is now my lunch buddy occasionally and it is a great time. I love being able to see her.
WINONA:
And by proof of the last picture, we were normal... sometimes... :)
Like I said, I was going through some pictures and found these ones and just started laughing. I couldn't stop laughing, in fact, because I was so excited to have found these pictures! I mean, this isn't even close to a sample of all the pictures I have. It was incredible. They were hilarious and brought back so many amazing memories. I loved it.
So. Let me give you just a very short introduction to each of my ex-roommates because they are a HUGE part of my life and I'm sure I'll talk about them at some point if I haven't already.
KENDRA:
Kendra would kill me if she knew this was online. Bwahaha.
Kendra was my room-roommate my second year at Snow and she is incredible. She is from Utah and such a character. I love being around her. She has an infectious laugh that gets everyone laughing with her. She has a tough-girl persona that she puts out, but she is really a softie on the inside. I love her more than anything. She is still down at Snow right now and I miss her all the time. Seriously. It's weird having a roommate and then not having a roommate. I thought it would be a nice change, but in all reality, I miss it and her. Kendra loves to laugh and have a good time and she was always looking out for all of us in the apartment. Love. I wish I could see her more often.
AIMEE:
Aimee is Best Friend's cousin. Yup. Pretty exciting, I know.
Aimee was the first of my roommates at Snow to really talk to me. The first night we were there she invited me to go with her and some of her friends from high school to a drive-in movie. I went, but spent the night in the car talking to my mom. Go figure. We also sat together in church the next day and while singing hymns, traded off in the verses singing alto or soprano. WOW. It was something we did forever and in fact, cried over our last Sunday in Ephraim. It was tender. Aimee is also from Utah. She got married last summer and it was great to see her. She was so so happy and I couldn't help but be happy for her. Plus I met my Best Friend, so it turned out ok ;) Thanks, Aimee, for getting married so I could meet him. HAHA. jk. Aimee is now my lunch buddy occasionally and it is a great time. I love being able to see her.
WINONA:
Oh Winona. I wonder if you'll cry when you read this post, too? ;)
Winona is simply fantastic. She is the little mom of our apartment and held us really close together when we had tough times. Winona is also from Utah and is attending Utah State right now. She is incredible. We have similar majors, she I love talking with her about the things that she is doing. She is going to be the most awesomest teacher ever. Winona has the wackiest personality. She can be either really crazy or really mellow. She is very good at feeling out a room and being able to just fit right in with what is going on. Winona is hilarious and a great listener. She puts everyone at ease and is just happy to be around. All the time. I am so so so grateful that we are still friends. We talk frequently - though not as frequently as I would like. That's what happens when life happens. I miss her. Love being with and around her. It's never dull.
***
So that's us. The crazy roommates that everyone was jealous of. We were so great about not having drama (especially our first year together, it was harder with 8 girls instead of just 4) and about spending time together and having fun. We watched movies, had Sunday dinner, made cookies, played games, etc. etc. It was a great time. These girls are the best. They are my best friends and I hope to stay close to them forever. Living with a person for two years changes you, and these girls definitely are largely responsible for who I am today. I am so so grateful to them for that. I was blessed to have them in my life, and I am blessed to continue to have them always near and around me. I know I could call on any of them and they would be there for me. Definitely one of the greatest blessings of my life.
Thank you, girls, for making Snow College the best experience of my life. Literally. I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope we have many many more years of adventures and fun in store for us.
Love you all.
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.










0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.