Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Siblings
So... I was going through the pictures on my phone today and found some great ones of my siblings.
I had to share, simply because it got me to reminiscing and smiling and laughing and it was just funny.
We will start at the beginning. With Brother #1.
Brother #1 is freaking awesome. If you've read from the beginning, you also probably know that he is on a mission right now in Kobe, Japan. (If you didn't know that and would like to, you are more than welcome to find the posts about it. I would link it, but I don't know how. Embarrassing to admit, but true.)
He is 22 months younger than me, and I love beating up on him. Note that is present tense and not past tense. ;) Just kidding. He is too big for me to beat up on now. He is taller than I am by a good four to five inches or so. Maybe more.
One of my favorite memories of Brother #1 is all the awesome games we would make up. Seriously. It was the best of times. We would go down into the basement of our house and create all sorts of ingenious games. One of which, in particular, was called 'Ghost' or something. We would shut the blinds and make the family room as dark as we could, put a blanket or towel over our heads, and run around trying to tag each other. It was a good time, especially after mom had recently rearranged the furniture. Yeah. He is brilliant. Love him. Miss him.
Sister #1 is next. What a cutie, right? NOPE.
Don't be deceived. She fools everyone. ;) Hahaha. But I love her.
Sister #1 was the perfect younger sister. Around when I didn't want her AND when I did want her. She would always tag along when I was going to play with my friends. Somewhat frustrating at times, but that's because I wanted to be a big girl all by myself and not have my pesky little sister tagging along. Any one that has been an older sister can attest to this and see that it's not wrong, just normal.
However, now that we are grown up and mature (well, we both grew up, but I'm the only one that matured. haha), we are actually pretty close. I love hanging out with her and talking with her and just messing around. She is super fun to be with and is actually kinda smart. Usually.
One of my favorite memories of Sister #1 is from going swimming. We were always ALWAYS mermaids. We 'created' a special mermaid-way of swimming and everything. Oh it was the best. We would play games and sing underwater (sort of) and just had a blast. Of course mermaid swimming is much more tiring than normal swimming, so we couldn't go for too long, but we sure tried.
Brother #2. Oh man. What a character.
To be perfectly honest, I cried when I found out that Brother #2 was a boy. I wanted another sister -- probably because I was disappointed with how Sister #1 was turning out (tee hee). But yes. I did cry. Seriously. And now I laugh about it all the time.
Brother #2 recently got his learner's permit and is well on his way to becoming a driver. GROSS. Mom says he is the best of all of us so far, which is definitely kind of scary. And weird. I am so so so old.
One of my favorite memories of Brother #2 was sticking him down the laundry shute in my great-grandma's house. We would sneak into the bathroom, shut the door behind us, grab him by his legs, and try to push him down, but not too far. (We were trying to hear what we were getting for Christmas -- we'd seen it in a movie.) Unfortunately, he got stuck cuz of his baby-pudge belly, and so Dad had to come and save him. We were in huge trouble. Of course. But OH MAN it was hilarious.
-----
I love my siblings. They are basically the best and I am so so SO grateful for them and all they have taught me. I wish that I would have appreciated them more sooner, you know? Since being away at college, I have come to realize just how much they mean to me and recognize their power and influence in my life. The best part, is that I can tell they love me (even though they'll deny it) just as much as I love them.
So. To all my siblings (even the ones I didn't write about in this post): I LOVE YOU!!! SO SO SO MUCH!!! Don't ever change the way you are, cause you are the best. Thanks for watching out for me.
Love,
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nashelle
- I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend. Dancer, actor, singer, pianist. Reader, sleeper, cross-stitcher, photographer. I am Nashelle and on this blog you will see me doing what I love to do best - being me!
Lists of Ten
Followers
Powered by Blogger.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.